Monday, September 7, 2009

Small-Town-ness is driving me bonkers!

I'm having a hard time dealing with the Small-Town-Syndrome on Base! It's so odd. I grew up in a small town and then moved to Ottawa when I was 18 to go to school. I remember how refreshing it was to live in the city and not have your neighbor all up in your business all the time. Last place I lived, I was there for about a year an a half before I actually talked to my neighbor. Her door was about 6 inches away from mine. Oh, the city life!

Now, it's like I'm back in our little hometown and even worst, in high school! Ugh! As much as you try to stay out of the gossipy crap that goes on, not matter what you do, it always comes back and bites you in the pits! (That's right, pits!)

Sure, we're loud, we say what's on our minds, we're French! What I don't get is why people who don't like us (or me for that matter!) tend to gravitate back and attempt to make our lives miserable! Why?

Logic (and basic survival instinct) says that when you don't like someone, don't get along or just don't agree with who they are as a person, you should stay the eff away and leave them be! It's a simple principle I live by and I don't get why it's so hard to understand. Why do people claim to dislike someone openly and then are all up in their face every chance they get? Seriously!

It's just about common sense. If you're walking down the street and walking up towards you, you see someone you don't like ; do you run up to them to say hello for pure entertainment or do you avoid talking to them and just nod politely? I think that's the difference between high school and real life. Why waste your time interacting with someone you can't stand the presence of? Because you enjoy the drama and self importance if gives you to hate someone? Get a life, peeps!

All this to say, I don't enjoy drama and would much rather live a drama-free life by not surrounding myself with negative haters! Should be simple, non!?

//End rant.

1 comment:

Chantale said...

I guess it all depends. I grew up in Ottawa and well I tell you I couldn't wait to get out of there. My life was so full of drama there.

When I moved to a small town just outside Kingston I never even met any of my neighbours during the 2 years I have lived there so there was no drama.

I am now in Victoria,BC and my life is full of drama but only in my military wives group on facebook .

Anyways, I hope your future is drama free.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails