Friday, January 21, 2011

Hockey Babe

In high school, my then-boyfriend was a total hockey player. I went to every match and hung out with the gang before and after games. He was tall and huge but really, deep down inside he was a total shmoo. After he and I broke up, I had a tendency to gravitate around hockey guys without even knowing. If I met someone interesting, chances were he watched hockey, played hockey or at least he wished he could.

When Js and I started dating, my friends *coughmaggiecough* teased me because he'd never even put on a hockey jersey. The first one he ever wore was mine. As Maggie kindly put it "I think you've tried the whole hockey-guy thing and we know it doesn't work." - she knows me so well... and was so right. Js kept saying he was surprised I agreed to date him because he wasn't a hockey player and all that jazz... after I told him what Maggie said, he loved her even more. :)

Then he joined the military, started working out and we moved to Moose Jaw. All these things pointed to playing hockey so he decided to give it a try. He was able to rent some equipment for the first year because he had no idea if he'd actually like it or not. Now, he can't get enough of it. He plays 2 to 3 games a week... sometimes up to 4-5 when he plays for 2 different teams. Mind you, I don't go to every game because... well... we're not in high school anymore and let's face it, their goalies aren't nearly as attractive.

I'm happy Js found a sport that he loves and the fact that it's hockey makes it even more fun! ;)

Go Babe!

3 comments:

Erin said...

At STU, we used to call those girls (the ones with hockey boyfriends) Puck Bunnies! haha.

Marie said...

"Bunnies" sounds kinda nice compared to the expressions from back home. ;) Maybe because they were directed at me at the time?! Hahaha! Oh, if I knew then what I know now...

misslindseydawn said...

mmmm... hockey boys... ive been the same. im pretty sure ben was the only guy ive dated who never played at one point.

with my ex, brody, i was there every game with his family. i miss time spent at the arena :(

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails