Saturday, April 16, 2011

Neglect

Lately, I feel like I've neglected some of the things that matter most to me and I'm not exactly proud of myself. Over the last months I've neglected friendships, I've neglected to recognize my emotions, my projects and my health.

Spending all this time by myself, I came to the conclusion that I've allowed neglect to take over my life and I want to move on and change that - hopefully for good. Neglect can be devastating but it can also be a good thing in the sense that it helps you see what matters - what can't really go on unless you put in some effort. I think this blog has been the clearest example and really brought the reality home for me. It can't go on unless I sit here and reflect on my life, my values and beliefs or work hard to find humor in the simplest things. These are all things I cherish - why can't I seem to gather the strength to do it regularly anymore?

That's where the hard work comes in. I know, deep down inside, that it's mostly because I don't want to see what I have to deal with. I don't know what to post about anymore because I've neglected everything around me and it's hard to admit.

I've neglected friends and relationships and I'm not really proud of it. I have to work harder, care more and call often. I also have to work on myself. I have to make healthier choices even if it's harder in the long run (and means more dishes), I have to be honest with myself and reconnect with my values and what I stand for.

It seems like a lot of work but I think once I get one of these aspects under construction, the rest will just fall into place. No one can help me but myself so I really have to suck it up and get crackin'.

4 comments:

Yarn Devil said...

Ok, Thank you for sharing. It hit home.... Feeling in a whirly wind myself.

On and OT note. How the heck did you get that thoughts thinger on the bottom of your posts? I love it!
Thanks!

Janny A. said...

Had roughly the same thing happen at this time last year. One of the hardest things to deal with for sure, but it feels so much better after you do. It does take a while, but the baby steps alone are worth it.
Big hugs darling! :)

Marie said...

Thanks for the hugs, ladies! :)

I'll post a blog about how to get those "Thoughts?" thingies. I'm not quite sure how to explain it and it's easier with a picture. Stay tuned...

Maggie said...

Love u! Lots of hugs. I've been feeling pretty similar, can I point finger at our isolating(ish) lifestyles? ;) I'm sure it's contributed to this in part, but yes, I would be in denial if I said I don't have the biggest part to play in it. Anywho. I love you. That is all. xoxooxox

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails