Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have been tenderized.

Last night, I finally got an appointment with an RMT (Registered Massage Therapist) - she was recommended to me eons ago and I never got around to seeing her. I've been having intense migraines and I knew something was up with my neck and upper back so a week ago, I decided to give it a shot. She was booked solid until mid-July which totally sucked but she called me yesterday and said if I could come over in 10 minutes, she could see me. I think we may have run a stop sign or two... but we made it on time.

SO worth every penny. Sweet bliss! Sure, I nearly drop kicked her when she reached out to my pectoral muscles through my arm pit... but I can't even being to explain the quality of sleep and just overall awesomeness I'm feeling today. Aside from the soreness, of course. I feel like I worked out for 10 hours straight. Luckily, I got a bit of a break because she only worked the upper part of my body - mainly shoulders and neck. I will definitely be seeing her again for all the other parts.

I had been to SPAs before and had relaxing massages by RMTs but it was never really anything technical or specific. She knew her shit and gave me exercises that I can do at home or at work to stretch so it'll hurt less (sweet jeezus) next time I see her.

I feel like a piece of tenderized meat and it's wonderful.

3 comments:

Karen said...

So jealous! I love massages, especially with people who know their stuff. I find that just because someone is an RMT doesn't always mean they do a great job, but when they work on the specific area that's bugging you and do wonders on it, you fall in love lol.

Tyler said...

If you are talking about Temple gardens, I love going there just to relax - though I have never went to get a massage there before, though some days it seems like it would be a good idea.

Anyways, always nice to find another blogger from Saskatchewan - cause we can actually pronounce it :)

Marie said...

Thanks Karen! I am totally in love! :)

Temple Gardens is... okay. I've only been there once for a massage and didn't really feel the need to go back... but that story's for another post. ;) The pool is awesomesauce though. You're right on that one!

Nice to meet you, fellow Saskatchewaneer! ;)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails