Sunday, May 20, 2012

Suspended Herb Garden DIY

aka my millionth attempt at gardening.



I was inspired by a DYI tutorial I found online to create my own. It's a pretty simple concept and after browsing the web a bit, I realized that a lot of tutorials out there make it sound a lot more complicated than it really is.

Here's what you need (click on the picture to zoom in):


Start by punching holes in the bottom of your cans for drainage using the nails and hammer.

Then, find a soft surface you won't mind poking a few holes in (I chose a pile of dirt in your backyard) and carefully punch two holes 2 to 3 inches apart about a quarter of an inch from the edge puncturing from the inside of the can.


Next, pass a length of twine's both ends through the holes and tie a couple knots or a heavy-duty one. You can always tweak the length of your twine later by pulling on the end from inside the can tying another knot and cutting the excess twine.


Then I hung up the first can and figured out the height and how I was going to lay them all out. I trimmed the twine to the proper length and hung them all up to see before filling them with herby goodness.


And voila!


No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails