Saturday, August 10, 2013

Rock, Paper, Twins - I win.

So my husband and I went out for a late lunch yesterday with the twinslets and his co-worker's girlfriend was our server and when the restaurant quieted down, she came to chat with us. She was complaining that she was tired and overworked to which my husband, equipped with his best most tiny-teeniest most saddest violin said "Rock, Paper, Twins. You lose." and I shit you not, she said "No. Seriously, guys you can't be more tired than I am. You have no idea. I've been here since 7 am this morning." Note that it was 3pm-ish at this point. I didn't say anything because I probably would have gotten arrested but my husband replied "Exactly, before 7am, you were sleeping peacefully and once your shift is done you get to go home and stop doing whatever it is that makes you tired." My answer would have been something closer to "Betch I'mma cut you!" alas, I had to play nice. She wouldn't let up so just so she would leave we called it even.

But she wasn't done pissing me off for the day, no sir! Betch came back and went on and on about how twins run in her family and bla-bla-bli-bla-shut-your-whore-mouth and said "I'm not looking forward to having twins." (like it's a sure deal) and I, quite proudly, replied "Well don't worry, it won't be as bad as working since 7 am." Are you for fucking real?

Anyways, lessons learned:


3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow. I can't believe she said that stuff to you. I believe twins win over anything. Well, maybe not triplets. But wow, no kids and complaining about having to work at 7am, I wish.

Unknown said...

suddenly I'm reconsidering my wishing twins on all of my pregnant friends. Granted, my wishes weren't meant to be malicious! I just thought "how cool would it be to be (teh parent of) TWINS!!"
The work involved never crossed my mind :)
Clearly, even less has crossed the betch's mind ;)

Yarn Devil said...

Wow, I have been away more than I have been here reading. Twins... congrats! Busy though.. My 4 year old has been keeping me occupied.. running for this that and the other.. and YES, TWINS trump the whining waitress... bad service on top of being tired, not nice. I think twins, trump my busy. I hope the family watches them so you can sneak a shower and a nap! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails