Sunday, February 20, 2011

Deployment curve ball

Js was supposed to be deploying some time next month. He got the message and everything was going as planned... until this morning.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I was totally okay with the deployment. It was a short one, safe and chances for extensions were pretty much non-existent. When it comes to deployments, it's pretty much the best you can ask for.

In true military fashion, all got flipped around. Instead of deploying, he's going on a 10 week long course which totally drop kicks our summer and honeymoon plans in the face. I'm happy he's going on the course but it'll take a bit of time to reconfigure our summer and try as best we can not to let it postpone our honeymoon once again. Ugh.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

That sucks! :( Any chance you wanna/can come to Vegas now? ;) LOL Seriously though, if he's not going and then leaving this summer, why not devance your honeymoon? I'm sure financially, it's not ideal 'cause it'd give you less time to plan, but spontaneity does have it's benefits too! ;) Hope all's well. I miss u immensely! xoxoxoxox

Marie said...

Well we don't know for sure when he's leaving for his course yet. Might be April, might be May so it's kind hard to plan a trip because I'd hate to be gone the weekend he's leaving or something. We did thinking of planning the honeymoon around it. If my Dad is down for helping us financially for me to go visit him and Js at the same time, we'd be able to score a better deal leaving from Ontario than out here and then we'd only have to pay for one flight back because his return travel would be covered. We shall see... ... le sigh.

I miss you immensely as well and I'm sure we'll get to catch up some time this week! I hope you enjoyed your long weekend. MUCH love! xoxoxo

Maggie said...

Good thinking leaving from Ontario! Let me know what comes of it! :) Hope you can make it work!!!! xoxoxox

Marie said...

Ugh. All is up in the air again... I'll email you from work tomorrow. Le sigh.

Maggie said...

Sounds good, I emailed you back last night from home, it's just been so nuts at work lately.. ;)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails