Friday, February 4, 2011

New Hobby : Crochet

Yes, ladies and gays, I have started to crochet. I've been having a hard time finding a hobby that would work for me.

I can't pick anything that requires the TV because well I need a hobby the most is when Js is playing video games. I have tried playing video games but can't play them for very long... I tend to get bored fairly quickly. I do enjoy the Sims and Little Big Planet but it comes in waves.

I really enjoy baking and cooking too but when our freezer is full of prepared goodness and I run out of people to force feed my cupcakes to, I'm back to square one. It's not something I can always do when I'm bored or that's quick to pick up and put down. Also, the dishes kinda make it more work than hobby.

I also really enjoy taking pictures but I'm nowhere near having enough experience, knowledge or equipment to really get immersed in photography. I'm getting there though with the help of my patient, patient friends who allow me to take millions of photos of their kids. My pets now run away at the sight of the camera.

Crochet is perfect! It doesn't cost much, doesn't take much space or preparation and it's something that I can actually use. Sure, eventually I'll be all stocked up on scarves and dishcloths but eventually I'll learn to make something new. I believe I promised (read : threatened with) Nick a tea-pot cozy. 

Another plus : it's immensely entertaining for the cat.

4 comments:

E. said...

That's awesome, Marie! Are you getting lessons from a certain Moose-Jaw newbie?! :)

Marie said...

Totally.

Chelsea said...

I tried so hard, but totally sucked! Good luck and hope you have better luck than I did ^_^

Marie said...

It was a rough start but I'm getting the hang of it the more I practice. I spend a lot of time trying stuff, pulling it apart and trying again.

Youtube "the art of crochet by theresa" - there are some great tutorials on there and really clear instructions if you want to give it another try.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails