Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting back in the swing of things...

It's more of a dangle really!...

The Holidays and the new year so far have been quite eventful. So eventful that I haven't had a chance to sit back and take a good look at it all. I've lost track of my blogging and I think a good update is in order. In my last post, I listed a couple things to quickly keep track of a couple of things. So here goes... more details!

- *bling bling* I got my ring and it fits now and I love it!

So yep! We are now happily engaged! YAY! We are slowly looking at some options and ideas for our wedding celebration but we want to take our time and not rush into the decision making process. I want to be able to enjoy being engaged even if the little OCD in me tries to take over once in a while... I try my best not to over think things. Maggie gave me a GIANT box of magazines and I've only read about 6 of them so far. Some of them make me cringe and black out... then I wake up holding a bra and a can of lighter fluid. I'm sure I'll be posting a TON more about the wedding indurstry complex (WIC) as our plans progress. I've got a few musing about what I would like our wedding to be and what it means and so on... but we'll give those a post of their own! ;o)

- We went to Montreal to spend some time with friends, much fun!

We had a TON of fun in Montreal! Our little trip allowed us to spend some time with friends and spend some time with eachother. It was just the perfect balance if you ask me! I love how Js can get along so easily with my friends and I get along well with his friends too (at least I think they like me! Hehe!) We had a great time with my friends from work, managers from the Montreal area. I'm so glad I got to spend some time with them outside of work. I also got to say goodbye to Eric in person and wish him the best.

- We had a car accident. Nothing major and no one else involved. I need massage therapy.

We wanted to come back to Ottawa on the 7th because Js' dad had surgery and we still had a ton of things to do out here before his leave was over. There was a huge snow storm and we decided to leave early to be able to make it in to Ottawa in time to have dinner with his dad. That didn't go as planned at all! I'll save you the details from the car accident because it's really hard to explain without using my phone as the car and making tire noises. Even if it was one of the most intense things we've had to power through as a couple, we didn't scream, we didn't yell, we worked as a team to find solutions and come up with ways to cope. I'm sure this will come up in a post of it's own too... Oh, and my back hurt like a bitch!

- J is leaving for Moose Jaw in 2 sleeps.

It's been a couple of days since then so he's gone now. He left at 8:25am on Saturday morning and landed safely in Regina that late afternoon. We're both trying to get back to our routine. Getting used to being appart again. My sleep patterns get all effed up everytime he's home no matter for how long so expect some posts this week. I will most likely have nothing better to do.

- Hum... that's all I've got for now.

So I thought I didn't have much to say, but this little recap showed me that there's a bunch of things to fill my blog posts with that I've neglected over the past couple of weeks. I've got to keep my mind busy if I don't want to get all crazy and stuff... Considering everything that's just waiting for me around the corner, it'll be a fun filled year and I'm sure I won't run out of things to post about... I'll my game back on in no time!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Marie,
I believe you wanted to say you're NOW happily engaged. You wrote "we're not happily engaged!" Haha. It made me laugh a bit.

-Erin McLaughlin

Marie said...

HAHA! Thanks Erin! My friend just pointed that out! *phew* I'm such a goof but now at least I know I have 2 readers! WHOOHOO!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails