Friday, January 30, 2009

Work : Done.

In all the things to get me to face the fact that this move is finally happening, I was convinced that leaving work would be the hardest. I admit, it was not easy, not one bit.

I opened that store, I remember it when it was pink. I remember when we had the make-up on the gondola. I remember before the "shelf" sticker and First Line. It seems like non-sense but it's part of what made that place feel like home to me.

I'll miss the lady with the bright lipstick and matching coat. I'll miss the woman who buys everything. I'll (kinda) miss the woman who returns everything. I'll miss the woman who runs in and puts on blush and 2 years later, still thinks we don't notice. I'll miss the people handing me their Black's Photo receipts. I'll miss the Second Cup people. I'll miss Angry Santa, Gina, Amina and the bunch. I'll miss David.

I won't miss that damned conveyor belt. I won't miss the damn damn doors. I won't miss the "fresh-off-the-85" crew. I won't miss Triversity and that hyper-active scanner. I won't miss make-up components and the never-ending dust. I won't miss those floors or the delivery people.

What I'll miss the most, I think, is the people I worked with. The C-Wood team, my girls. The Mtl/Ottawa Managers team, my friends. I guess one of the reasons it hasn't hit me yet is because I am still in contact with all those people... I still email Claudia and chat with Gen now and then. Sure, things will change, but until they do, I'd like to hold on to the teeny bit of hope that we'll still be friends in 20 years!

So I'm expecting reality to kick in on Monday at 2pm... we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails