Monday, January 19, 2009

It's real now. No doubt about it!

Yup! It's all done, I sent my official resignation letter to my work and I can finally officially start going crazy about this move. I don't think I "officially" announced it on here due to situation with work and I didn't want one of my two readers to go into shock so I made sure he realized what this meant before making it too "real"... but it is. I'm moving to Moose Jaw in a matter of weeks (yes, that's right folks, weeks!) to be with Js until the next posting comes along. We've been waiting for a place to live for *counts on fingers* six months now and we finally got confirmation and all...

It's time for me to dig my head out of the sand, take a deep breath and start crying. Yes, that's right. I cry. Tons. It's what I do when I'm happy, sad, confused, angry. I have real tear ducts, I can even see them and I'll show anyone who doesn't believe me. I kid, you've probably all seen me cry (except for Erin!) but I'm talking like giant rivers of crying... like "I'm moving away from all of my friends" tears!

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about being with Js and actually start living together like a (somewhat) normal couple. I can't wait to start "living" together instead of "being" apart.

Since day one, when we found out we were going to Moose Jaw, I've always said : I wish I could just wake up there, skip the "leaving" part and just wake up there with my life already set up for me and my cat already adjusted to his new home. Well, that didn't happen, so here I am. Living everyday knowing that I'm leaving soon, making time to spend with family and friends before I leave, trying to get my life together (and in order) for the move to go smoothly. Sure, sure, the military moves us! Right! Are they going to take my cat to the vet for me? Are they going to help me sell my car? Are they going to send notice to my landlord/hydro/Bell/Telus/this-and-that-and-the-other-thing? Nope. So the actual move, yes, they will do for us, but to prepare for it, that's up to me. *faints*

Right now, it's 3:07am, I'm sobbing like a child because I just realized that I won't be able to move Nick's Jam cause it's open and it won't keep for the time it will take to move it to Sask. I'm not moving from Orleans to Ottawa, I can't just store it in a cooler for the 20 minute drive.

Yes, that's how I measure distance! Well... that's how I realize how far away I'm moving on a sleepless Sunday night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leaving was also very hard on me, we had a 6 month wait for a PMQ, which kind of worked out in the end since M was away so much to begin with... but I allowed the excitement of the new adventure overwhelm the stress of the unknown...
And I moved myself (grr) since I wasn't M's spouse, I didn't get any say... as you well know... :D

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails