Sunday, June 28, 2009

All the best, friends!

Another milestone survived!

Last night, we said our good byes to some friends before they left for their new posting. It was a lot harder than I thought and I was really bummed out about it.

He was a great friend of Js and a great co-worker and his wife and I got along really really well. We admired their relationship a lot and she always had wise words for me when we first got here. We all agreed that it would have been awesome to get to know each other more and it would have been a great friendship, I'm sure.

It was a first time we had to say good bye to friends because they were leaving and we were staying behind. So far, we've always been the ones leaving. It was strange to see Js deal with the situation. Usually, we're saying good bye to each other, not to someone else. Seeing him hug his buddy good bye broke my heart in teeny little pieces. We left the boys to bond and shake hands like real men while us girls pretended not to want to cry.

I didn't think it would affect me that much because I've only known them a short period of time. I guess their departure came along with the realization that there would be many many more short friendships and long good byes for us. We really hope to keep in touch with them and meet again on a different posting... but as she would say "It's our life, right!?"

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails