Sunday, June 7, 2009

Charlie-Brown-Cloud Day

This weekend has been all over the place to say the least. It's been an emotional havoc and I'm glad it's over and everyone's limbs are still attached.

"He's okay but someone shot at your cousin." were the words that woke me Saturday morning. I bolted up from my comfy bed and had a short but efficient mental break down. The 2 seconds where my head went "Is he hurt!? No wait, Js just said he's okay!" were enough to send me into panic mode. Someone tried to kill him and that just doesn't compute in my head. It's part of his reality and he was fortunate enough not to get hurt but I guess it just hit home for me. Clearly, the man on the other side of the gun wasn't well and he's being charged. I was on edge for the rest of the day... giganta-headache included.

Then, I went to try on some wedding gowns here, in town. By myself. It sucked. I kept looking at the empty chair and wished Maggie was there to make faces and say "Ew!" when I needed her to. It made me miss her incredibly and if it weren't for the fact that I know she's within driving distance now, I would have broken down and unleashed a tidal wave of salty tears in the bridal shop.

Then, last night after a long match of arguing, Js convinced me to go back to bed. I was tired and emotionally drained so it didn't help. We resolved what needed to be resolved so we woudn't fall asleep angry. I just wanted the day to be over.

Important thing is, I woke up this morning to a new day! Everyone is still alive, I'm one more day closer to when I get to see my best friend again and I spent a great day with my love.

Move aside, Charlie-Brown-Cloud, I've had my share of rain for the weekend!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Whaaaaaa? WTH happenned? :S

And ACK, I'm currently unemployed, so yeah, my little "I miss u" fits are quite comon.. lol I know everything's probably still hectic on your end, and everything is on ours, but we gotta make a date... Just putting a "date" on when I get to see you oughta make it that much bettter! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails