Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Parental Visit

The parental visit starts today and I'm kind of excited! :) It's 5:30am out here and I can't sleep anymore. Their flight left Ottawa just about half an hour ago and they land in TO around 6am (here-time), then their flight to Regina leaves about 50minutes later and they should land out here around 10:15am. With the time difference, it doesn't seem so bad!

I'm so glad they got to travel during the day so they can see all the colorful fields out here when they land. I never got to see them because we flew at night and well... it was still Winter out here then. Right now, it's gorgeous so I'm really happy for them!

I haven't seen them since February and I miss them a lot. It's a different kind of miss, we've been over this, but a miss nonetheless. The fact that they are both flying out here today to see us makes me miss them even more!

I have to admit that I have a great relationship with my parents. We respect each other and even if we drive one another absolutely insane, we do so out of pure love.

I'm glad they are easy to entertain because there isn't that much to do out here for a whole week. We'll do some touristy stuff like visiting the Tunnels and Temple Gardens Spa out here in MJ and we'll also check out Regina, maybe we'll go to the RCMP Museum or something like that. I know my parents would be equally content just hanging out here with us and being a part of our little routine. I have to admit, our little routine is quite the bore!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails