Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer cleaning --oy!

We spent the ENTIRE weekend cleaning, organizing, moving furniture around and all that jazz! Now, it's 9pm on Sunday night and I am just about ready to crash! This weekend felt like a week but for all sorts of good reasons.

The house wasn't filthy or anything and we didn't do any tooth-brush scrubbing either. We did a ton of Spring Cleaning stuff like washing the curtains, getting some carpet stains out and moving furniture around in the living room. It just felt awesome to take the time and do that kind of thing together. Usually, I'll do all that stuff while he's away to keep myself entertained, so it was nice to have him around to help.

We have family and friends coming for the next 2 weeks so we figured it was now or never! Of course, we picked the warmest, sunniest, most humid weekend of the summer thus far.

We also finally bought a ton of crap we needed for the house. Decorative and functional things we've been putting off to later for some reason or another. I am happy to report I finally have a functional clothes line so I can stop using the dryer for every little thing. If it weren't for kitty hair, I wouldn't mind leaving stuff to dry on a clothes rack somewhere in the house, but Jack doesn't approve.

Jack also got a new collar Js picked out for him. Lucky kitty! Js in in a baby-phase... I'll save that for another post.

I'm really happy about how our home turned out here! I really like it! Sure, it's not that huge and it's an MQ, but it's our little chunk of world and we enjoy it!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails