Thursday, December 17, 2009

10 different kinds of crazy...

I don't even know where to being describing how I feel towards this Holiday Season.

A) Retail severance - I'm crazy and well aware!
I miss retail. SO. Much. Yes, that's right. It's December 17 and I still have enough energy to blog and I don't like it one bit. I miss working this crazy time of year, store and stock room filled with goodies, long lines, free samples, incentives for team members galore!! I would give my right eye to have it all back (open for negotiations!) and I'm not quite sure why. It's exhausting, people scream at you, stock piles up to the ceiling because delivery came on the wrong day, staff quits and calls in sick due to eggnog abuse... yet, I still miss the whole thing. You'd think after all this time, I'd be happy about finally being able to enjoy the Holidays calm and relaxed. Nope. Give me long returns, disgruntled customers, boxing day sale madness, oh my!

Most of my friends who have found their ways out of the crazy retail world have told me "Don't worry, come the Holidays, you'll be glad you left retail!" Au contraire!!

(Special note to Nick : Judge me, go ahead - you know you'd miss it too!)

B) A whole year's worth of family and friend's time crammed into one week.
As I sit here and long for a rush, this Holiday season, I'm procrastinating. Yes, ladies and gents, I hate packing. I am going back to Ontario to spend the Holidays with my family and I have my itinerary (pending confirmation from mother-in-law) down to the hour. It's been 11 months since I've been there and seen most members of my family. It's going to be insane, not a relaxing vacation in any way shape or form. Aside from the evenings spent at home with Mom and Dad just slothing around the house in mah jammies, I'm not quite sure I'll get any rest. I want to see everyone and I have a very limited week to do so. Oy! I'm reasured because I know I'm making the most of my time which makes me feel a lot better about spending *that much* money for a mere week. Still... I'll need a week to recupe.

So yes, I complain because I'm not busy enough on one hand and on the other, I'm too busy and wish I could slow down.

Gah! I want the right quanity of good busy, is that too much to ask?!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails