Monday, December 14, 2009

Saskatcha-cold

I normally enjoy walking to work in the morning. I'm not a morning person so it gives me that extra five minutes to breath between rushing to brush my teeth and finding matching socks. It helps me disconnect work from home which is always appreciated. Especially with all the challenges I'm facing at work right now.

Winter had to come along and ruin my moment of peace... Saskatchewan winter at that.

Now, I need to add an extra five minutes of prep time - meaning five minutes less of sleep time - to get ready. I have to put on tights, or leggings or some double layer of leg wear. I have to make sure my hair won't get totally ruined by a tuque (though some days I couldn't be bothered!) and there's no turning back once I step out the door. Forgot my cell phone? Too bad. Not sure if I brought a spoon with my lunch? Too bad, I'll have to eat my yogurt with my hands.

Then when I get to work, I have to leave my glasses to thaw for a good minute until I can see in focus again. That's right, thaw. They are normally covered in ice by the time I get there and not just the lenses, the frame and the little doo-dads that sit on your nose.

Did I mention I live about six minutes walk away from work?

1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh I could have wrote nearly that same post! I'm in Winnipeg and walk to work... it's darn cold!!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails