Monday, October 4, 2010

Home is where your cat is.

I never thought I could miss a little fuzzy thing like my Jacko so damn much. Yes, I do miss Js and Nova and everyone else but missing Jack's been pretty difficult in this whole situation.

I miss Js with all my heart but I can call him, I know he's there for me and thinking about me while I'm away. I know he wishes he could be here with me during this difficult time to support me and my family and that is incredibly comforting.

Since I adopted Jack 5 years ago (already!), he's always been there. I've always been able to find comfort in snuggling my nose in his neck and falling asleep to his soft purr. When old boyfriends dumped me, when Js left, when Js came back, when Js left again and came back again and left again, when I decided I was moving wherever Js got posted, when I found out it was Saskatchewan, when I miss my family, when I opened up old wounds to learn to live again - Jack was always there. He's my constant and when I look at him, I know I'm where I should be. It's silly really, to attach such a huge emotional hook to a small kitty cat who can't even talk let alone understand everything that I rely on him for. Maybe it's just that. He's there no matter how much I depend on him, he can't talk back and he lets me make my own decisions and just snuggles.

The challenges that I've faced this week definitely call for a very long snuggles session between Jacko and me to restore my strength and courage. He's 3000kms away and it sucks.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Just think, Js is home and Jacko is holding down the fort, explaining to Js the way things are done around the house. This will be good for Js. He'll have time to bond with Jack, and they'll cuddle and spoon and be bff's. You'll come home to a happy little family! lol.

Danielle said...

Awww I totally know what you mean darling! Pets can be so comforting and they really are members of the fam! My Cupcake, however? Yeahhhh, she gives me the cold shoulder half the time :-p

Thinking of you!

xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm of course in agreement, too. When I was in ON, I was thankful that I brought Jinx with me (despite traumatizing him, poor kitty!), because on those last days before making the decision to come home, his snuggles really helped.
I hope there's a surrogate animal you can snuggle, where you are. *hugs* Love you. Miss you.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails