Thursday, March 24, 2011

Leaving so soon...

Js is leaving in a handful of days and I really don't know how to feel about it.

I'm glad I was able to take a few days off and spend some time at home to wrap my mind around everything that's going on. I'm happy that he's going because he's been waiting for so long, it's a safe and pretty much risk-free deployment and it's only for a short month. Also, it's been quite a while since we've had to be a part and there is a small part of me who's looking forward to having the bed to myself... :)

There's also the part of me who wishes he wasn't going. It'll be a super busy month and having him around would be really helpful this month. Plus, he'll be missing my birthday (again!) so that kinda sucks. I'm thankful that my friend has decided to drive out to Moose Jaw for Easter weekend so I won't feel totally alone in the world. Sure, I have friends here, but I know that seeing them without Js being around is going to make me miss him even more.

I feel like we've grown so much together in the last week - more so than perhaps in the last couple months. I know this deployment is going to be good for us. For our relationship, to remember what it's like to live without each other and to be anxious to be home together again. We tend to take these things for granted after a while, I think.

This deployment also puts a small hold on some of our summer plans, so I'm anxious for it to be over and we can keep working on our current projects. We're looking at another TD (Temporary Duty - usually away from the home base) month this summer so we'll need to figure out how to plan around that one too.

So that's what's going on. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will do my best to provide sufficient distraction during my visit :) And if I do my job well enough, you'll be too busy recovering to notice the days until his return ;)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails