Monday, December 8, 2008

Excuse me, Bank, would you be so kind as to tell me where's my money?

I am so upset right now, I could cry. I don't know what upsets me more... the fact that my money has gone missing or that I lost the teeny bit of trust I still had in my bank. If my mother were here, I'd be attending the dress rehersal of : "I told you so! - The musical"

Allow me to explain. I'm really all over the map tonight so this may take a while...

I was doing some financial observation to try to find out where the crap all my money went... Holiday shopping? A couple of setbacks and extra bills I had to pay? Some pretty valid reasons and I was expecting to be a bit tighter at the end of this month, but who isn't!? I kept trying to figure it out and things just didn't add up... I was short by $50 just about...

I looked over all my bills and online account info and everything seemed clear. I decided, for shits and giggles, to take a look at my November statement-AHA! Now, I won't go into huge detail about this just yet because I still haven't contacted my bank to give them a chance to explain them selves. Clearly, they don't stay open until 11h30pm on Mondays. I can assure you that I am contacting them first thing in the morning and they will have a lot of convincing to do to get my trust back ...

Long story short : There was a random withdrawl of a random amount of money taken from my account. I called the 24h support line thingy, they assured me that the money was taken by the bank but they (the bank) didn't specify what for. After looking it over with the nice lady on the phone, we assumed it was for a pre-authorized payment that was processed 2 days late. The withdrawl dosen't specify that the money was taken to pay my car loan as usual and isn't the right amount.

Typo? New staff? Regardless : I have unjustified, unapproved withdrawls and abosultely no proof that the money is going in the right place! Am I over reacting!? I think not. I'm not comfortable with this bank anymore and they've lost all my trust. I'm sure there is a good reason and hope they have a good explination tomorrow.

I feel cheated. I don't feel comfortable with this at all. I'll wait until I get to talk to them, but if their answer dosen't justify these actions enough for me, I'll have to review all my account statements since there's no way of telling how many times this happened before. Then what?

I want to be just and give them a chance to explain before I implode with rage.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails