Sunday, October 26, 2008

The good, the bad, the ugly.

The good.

The greatly-fantabulous-most-excellently-amazingness of the bestest-greatest-most-wonderful coincidence of all time! *catches breath* Maggie and I both compared our men's itinirary for their flights home this Holiday... and guess what!? It's a match! This means that our boys are on the same flight home, this means that we will go get them at the airport together and this also means that it will be the most fantabulously-perfectly-awesome-kick-ass start of our Holidays together! If we would have planned it, it wouldn't have worked out better!
I'm so happy that I'll get to share that moment with my best friend. It means a whole lot to me and just the fact that we are both counting down the same amount of days is very comforting! What are the odds eh?! LOL I think Maggie and I have proven many many times that odds don't count when it comes to us.

The bad.

Well there really isn't any bad... it goes straight to ugly.

The ugly.

Or the fugly or craptastic shite pile of gigantic magnitude! My grandpa (my Dad's Dad) has prostate cancer. He's going in for some more testing and such... but I'm not really hopefull. I know I'm not helping and I should try to be more positive about it and keep thinking that everything is going to be alright... but I'm very doubtfull about any of that. He's not the world's most healthiest man and he's not the world's most morally strong person either... and my grandma must be a gigantic mess. Huge. I don't really know what else to say. My dad told me today and I haven't spoken to anyone else in the family yet. I know my aunt must be devestated too. Her and my dad are the two eldest kids of the family and most (read : all) of the responsability always lands on their shoulders and I really hope the rest of the kids will man the EFF up and learn to friggen live with their differences this time around. I'm growing bitter towards my family and it's not cool, especially not at a time like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( .. my granpa had it about 3 years ago and he's doing great. the odds of beating it are pretty good.
It also depends alot on how the family and the person takes it, in my granpa's case it was "haha I got something you don't have" *stares blankly at her screen*


Hopefully all goes good for him

Marie said...

Thanks Isa! My grandpa's got the thickest skull known to man kind... *wonders where I get it from*... so if he gets it in his mind that he can beat it... all should go well!

*hugs*

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails