Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Virginia would be proud...

It's been a couple of days and I haven't been doing much. I spared the cyberspace the lameness. So now, I'm bored outta my mind and thought I'd come up with something (or try to, at least) to write on here... That's part of the reason I created this thing after all.

Today I went to St-Laurent and had lunch with Nick. Good times. I bought a shirt cause it was cheap with a gift card because I'm poor. Ta-da-dah! See... told you it was lame!

Nick told me he appreciated my blog *waves* and it made me really happy! :o) Didn't think it mattered to anyone what I wrote on here. Like the internet cares about what I do all day!?

It got us talking about how easy vs. hard it is to write when you're not writing to anyone specifically vs. addressing a letter to someone. He likes to write better when he's addressing someone and I like to write better when it's just random thoughts pouring out with no real aim or purpose (like these!). Which is why I really like this blog. Even if I write a letter to a friend, I usually never put a name on the top until I'm done writing it. I feel as though I should censor myself if I'm addressing someone, I consider how the person would interpret this and that... but on a blog that's more public, I don't have to. Strange?

Also, we talked about blogs in general and how he felt sometimes he could not always write EVERYTHING because he knew who was reading his blog. It's true, I don't spill all the beans on here and try not to point at anyone or anything too specific unless I'm making a point. I think it's important to keep a distance, not to have your entire life out there in the open cyberspace. You've gotta keep some prime info for some close friends and keep the mystery alive... ;o)

Speaking of mystery... Reminds me when J and I first-first-first started dating (post-Kujjuaqu, pre-military) . At first, we were not exactly sure what we were getting ourselves into. His enrollment, my apartment, the commitment and all the other "ment"s that come along with the beginning of a new relationship, so we wanted to keep it on the down low until we figured out what we wanted. (aka : not announcing it to the world on Facebook just yet...) People were asking questions, we were so giddy it hurt Nick's ears to hear about it 40hrs a week... and I loved it. We had so many inside jokes, we spent so much time together trying to figure things out. *sigh* People didn't know what was going on with us and we were on top of the world. We eventually had to officially Facebook ('cause it's a verb now!) our relationship because people wouldn't believe that we were a couple... Strange to think what this world's come to! (... and kinda lame too!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg I'm a Label!!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails