Sunday, March 22, 2009

EI - Employment Insane-ness

Being unemployed for the first time in EVER is hard. I don't remember the last time I was out of a job and I certainly don't remember the last time I was unsure about myself when it came to finding work. Maybe I'm overacting or maybe it's just normal to feel this way... but it's very uncool.

Job hunting is a very tricky thing.

It's exciting when you find a great job posting and you think you would fit that description very well. It's hard not to think that maybe you read it all wrong and you'd be the worst person in the world for the job.

I keep thinking how great it would be to have this job and how much I would learn and how that would be awesome knowledge for the future. (As a military spouse - you kinda stop thinking you'll keep the same job forever!) It's hard not to get all worked up and anxious about the possibility. But that's just what it is... a possibility. There are probably a TON of people more qualified who have been waiting for this job to be available and who submitted their resumés ages ago. Here I come, thinking this is right for me! Watch out, world!

For the last couple of years, I woke up in the morning, knowing what my job was, what I had to do and what it entailed. I worked for big companies, got a ton of training and resources - huge help. What if I'm left to fend for myself this time around?

I've been doing the same thing for... how long!? "I can't come up with this fiscal report but maybe we can do something about that eyeshadow!" I'm sure that wouldn't be very well received at the water cooler.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Don't worry, hon! You'll find something soon, I'm sure! In the meantime, keep yourself busy with fun hobbies and exploring the area :) oh and writing round robins :-p hehehehe miss ya!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails