Sunday, March 22, 2009

G'bye, longest week ever!

I always get confused, is Sunday the last day of the week because it's the last day of the weekend and I've always thought the week started on Monday... or is it the first day of the new week!?

Either way... last week is over and I'm damn glad to be sitting here with my giant red coffee mug! (More on that later!) It's been a very long and moody week in the life of me and I couldn't wait for it to be over! The same problems and concerns will probably arise again next week, but at least I get a day to pretend they won't.

I've been feeling really bored and kinda lonely but it's normal. I'm so used to having my friends and family around me, it's hard to go cold turkey and from one day to the next, live in a place where it's mostly strangers! I'm so happy I made some friends amongst Js' buddies and their wives out here! I'm lucky and I know it! I've met some pretty amazing people and I had forgotten how unbelievably nice people can be to total strangers.

Who lends their neighbor a hammer at 9pm on a week night?

No matter where you go, no matter how far away from those you love, there's always going to be an adjustment period where you have to readjust your life to your new habits and surroundings.

The first time you move out of your parent's house, you have to get used to living with roommates, doing your own groceries and being responsible for your living space. You need a while to get used to it... Well this is the same thing. I need a while to get used to having Js around all the time (for another 2 weeks - more bitterness on that later!) and to having a much much larger home to take care of together.

I'm having the hardest time getting used to not working. I feel like my brain is going to melt if I don't use it soon for something. Anything!

Eventually you figure ways of creating stuff to do for yourself. Like today : I dropped a fridge magnet between the fridge and the counter. Tomorrow, I have all day to move the fridge, clean underneath, wipe the side of the counter, retrieve the magnet, put the fridge back, clean the entire kitchen floors.

On Tuesday, I could ask Js to drive me to the Post Office, but I will wait until he's left for work and walk there. I will mail my stuff, go to the MFRC to print something Js could have printed at work and make some photo copies of ID cards because I need to mail some, then I will return to the post office and mail more stuff. Ta-da-dah! My entire day, full of fun activities! Then I will walk back home and sort the DVDs in alphabetical order or something...

I need a job, quick!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails