Sunday, March 1, 2009

I've never seen this much Canada...

Things are settling over here in the Jaw. We are staying at the Heritage Inn Hotel (where Lindsay might get a job! Yay!) until we get our stuff all set up in the new house. Until then, this, is home.

We left Ottawa on Thursday and it was hard to say goodbye to my parents but it was exciting to finally be on our way to our life together. I was glad they were able to come to the airport with us and wait around with us until we had to board the plane. The flight to Toronto was okay, kinda short and nothing I wasn't used to. We had enough time to eat there, thank god. Then, we were finally on our way to Saskatchewan. The minute the plane took off and we weren't touching ground anymore Js looked over at me and said "Now you can't change your mind anymore!"

It all became so real so fast but I didn't even blink. Finally, the band-aid was ripped off and I could stop being sad about leaving and start being happy about being here. This move had been dragging on for so long, I didn't really realize until then how much room it was taking up on a day to day basis.

We got here really late and after a hotel room hunt, we found one and just crashed. We were both so tired and we knew we had to leave for Winnipeg to pick up the cat the very next morning.

The drive to Winnipeg was long but it was filled with new sights. It gave us a chance to talk about random things, discuss some wedding plans and talk about our new home and what we have in mind for it. I squealed mid-sentence like a 5 year old child when I saw the giant Moose and took a picture and don't remember even now what I was about to say... I'd forgotten how exciting it was to discover somewhere new. Even if it's just a small town like Bushell Park or Moose Jaw, it's got it's charm. So far, I'm enjoying this place. I haven't seen much of it and still feel totally disoriented but I'll figure it out eventually. The air is dry, the land is flat and it's damn cold.

It took about 25 minutes in Winnipeg for us to retrieve a very soaked, cold, pissed off Jacko and get back on our merry way to Regina. Js drove a total of 1311.5km and I tried my best not to sleep. I failed miserably. Jack was soaked and he couldn't reach his bum to clean himself so when we got to the hotel, he looked like a confused half-cat-half-rat. Having Jack here makes it feel a lot more like home. Even if it's a low-end hotel room, he dosen't care, there's high shit he can climb on, he's good.

So pretty much, we left Ontario, came to Saskatchewan and drove to Manitoba and back to Saskatchewan within the same 24 hours. Every time someone asks me how much I like Saskatchewan, I don't even know what to answer because I haven't seen that much of it yet. I need a bit of time to let it all sink in.

This afternoon, we got to see our new home! I love it! Love! Pictures to come, I promise! Now I can't stop thinking about what's going to go where... *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why was Jacko soaked? :S

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails