Sunday, May 3, 2009

Airshow 15 Wing

It was a busy day on the grounds of CFB Moose Jaw, today! The base was open to the public for this year's Armed Forces Day airshow. It lasted pretty much all afternoon and it was well worth the last week of very loud (and constant) plane noises. I guess, in some way, it helped make this place feel more real to me. I don't normally go to see Js at work and I'd only been in his "office" once before today. With this posting being so far away and me taking so long to be able to come out here, his workplace has always seemed so distant and felt so unknown to me. Now, to be here and to be able to just walk around, talk to people and enjoy the show, it was great.

It made it feel more like home.

We were able to go up on the tower's "cat walk" or whatever it's called for the show and it was pretty awesome. We had the best view and it was awesome for picture taking. It made me seriously consider getting a better quality camera. We're going to move around a lot so I guess there will always be something new to photograph. I can't usually post the pictures I take around the base when they are practicing for shows or whenever there is something special going on because of security reasons. I usually get a call from the BatPhone to inform me so I stand outside like a moron, camera in hand. This time, I'm allowed because it was open to public so I'm going to take full advantage of it. I understand why we're not allowed, but I'm sure there are people in town, taking pictures and posting them so it kind of annoys me... oh well!

I got some sunburn action going on. It wasn't all that sunny, but I guess the wind didn't help. It's not like there were much shady trees around. My face feels like it's going to fall off even after I loaded it it with a Vitamin E mask and TONS of Aloe Toner and Moisturizer. I hope my nose doesn't get all peely and gross for Monday.

I'm really happy with my day's turnout even if it did make me miss Js a trazillion times more. He's home in 27 days and not a second too soon. He's got a final exam on Monday and then a bunch of official stuff all week before starting on the second second training he was sent out there for. There will be more of his buddies on that course and probably a slightly bigger class too which will help with moral and make the time just fly by.

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails