Thursday, May 7, 2009

My skin does not *heart* the prairies.

Itchy. Itchy. Itchy. It. Chy.

My skin wants out, I think. My legs are so dry it hurts to shave. My hands and arms are always itchy and it's like I can feel my skin, crisping like tissue paper when I move. I moisturize everyday with Body Butter (Cocoa!) and nothing seems to cut it. I am working on staying hydrated and not using a small mountain of shower gel on my sponge, still, I don't see any difference. I'm running out of option and I suspect my skin is going to start falling off. Ew.

The worst is my face. Holly jeez, it burns! I got a bit of sunburn on my cheeks and nose from the airshow on Saturday. I Vitamine E'd it up and Aloe'd it all this week. It soothed the redness and the burning. We're down to flaking at this point. Charming, really!

Today, it's hives and irritation. The hole right side of my forehead and from the outside corner of my eye to my hair line is red, swollen a little, itchy as fuck and all bumpy and gross. Ew. I tried exfoliating but then I sat down in a little corner and cried for a bit. Owwwy! I've got a couple of hives on the left side of my neck (don't know where/what those are from!) and those itch like little shits too! I put some Aloe toner on it and sat next to a glass of water and some Benadryl for a bit but now it's gone. I need someone here to slap my hand away everytime I reach for my face. It just keeps getting worst.

Js had warned me that I would have a hard time with my skin out here... but I didn't think it would be this bad. Good thing I stocked up on The Body Shop products before leaving Ottawa but at this rate, my stash won't last me as long as I planned. Ugh!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Calimine Lotion, water (lots of it), Avene products (which are a million dollars, but are fantastic, bennydryl and a hydro-cortisone. Use a .05% on your face (nothing more because it's a skin thinner) and try to get a prescription for stronger cortisone for your body.

Maggie said...

Poop, one more reason to fear the prairies..! :( Marc's been like that too since he went to Portage and all... even sinking to the level (in his opinion.. haha) where he had to buy cream and use it often... when he came home, brought it home, and when he went back to Wpg, he brought it back... for him to admit he has a problem, it can't be good.. Can I just stay in Ottawa? lol

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails