Saturday, May 16, 2009

Long weekend goodness.

AH! Long weekend! I can't recall the last time I was able to enjoy/notice a long weekend! I didn't have to worry if my store was open or closed, or run around trying to catch up on life. I'm all caught up and I can kick back and relax. Somewhat.

I promised I would help some friends move later this afternoon, but right now, I'm just enjoying a nice cup of coffee and looking at the mess that is my kitchen. Oy! Jello shots are a messy messy thing! Last night was good though, lots of laughs AND I didn't try to claw at some guys face at the bar. Go me! I'm growing. I never used to flip out this much back home but I guess I had some comfort and I was more confidant so I dealt with the lack of respect much differently. Here, I just snap at random, rude, disrespectful, stinky, misogynistic bastards on the dance floor. No tolerance. I'll get over it, someday. I also met a load of new people last night which was good, except for Rude McTudeFace who didn't even say Hi or Bye... He won't be hanging out here again. What evs.

I really wish Js was here this weekend but I'm thrilled he'll get to visit his buddies in Montreal. For some reason, I'm convinced there's a whoreload more happening in Montreal than in Moose Jaw for May 2-4. Seriously.

Today, I'm helping out some friends move into a new Q. I'm really happy for them, it's definitely an upgrade and it's much closer to our house! Teehee! Sure, we won't be able to spy on them anymore because there's other Qs in the way... but it's a good trade!

Tomorrow and Monday, I've got my work load cut out for me! There's a ton of stuff I've been wanting to do since Js left and of course I've been putting it off until the last minute.

Before Js left for C-Wall, I asked him if he could clear out the table we put in the basement and bring it upstairs for me so I could set up a mini office. How logical is it to have an extra table downstairs while he's gone and won't use it while I'm here sitting in a wicker chair with my lappy on my knees. Of course, the table is still downstairs and I get pins and needles in my legs about two minutes after sitting down. *suck* I was feeling moody and sad one night and I gave him HELL about not helping me out with this before he left. I told him that I would just do it myself and I didn't need his help. Well... now I've bitched myself into a corner because I still haven't done it (his stuff is ALL over it -total pain!) and he's back in two weeks and I know I'll never ever hear the end of it because I gave him such a hard time about it.

I also thought I would clean his car for him and be a good girlfriend. He did drive 14hrs straight to go get Jack in Winterpeg so it's the least I can do! :) I thought about getting the car detailed, but I've only been working for a week and there's so many more things we could use the mulah for (like a computer desk for moi), why wouldn't I do it myself! :) There is still some cat food back there... so it desperately needs to get done, one way or another. The weather is nice, why not! I'm an awesome girlfriend! :)

I have a To-Do list that goes on for days... but I like it. It's all stuff I enjoy doing and look forward to. I've been slaving away working at my brain child for the last two weeks. Since I started working, it's harder and harder to stay on top of things but I'm getting there. This weekend is WAY too nice to work on that though, unless I figure a way to bring the lappy outside. We really need to buy a hub.

I better get crackin' soon, laundry is just about done my coffee ain't gonna drink itself!
Happy May 2-4, world!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails