Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jack doesn't like butt probes.

First things first : Royal-Lepage-Relocating-Services-Lady can lick my left nut. Yes, I will grow one especially for her. She asked us if we had a pet that needed to travel with us... Js said yes. She then proceeded booking our flight with an air carrier that dosen't allow pets to travel at this time of year. They don't send out planes with heated cargo to Regina and don't allow you to keep your pets with you. Joy! So now, we have to book him on a different flight with a different carrier and, get this, fly him to Winnipeg. Which means that he has to leave Ottawa the day after us and we have to leave Moose Jaw as soon as we get there to go pick him up in Winnipeg then drive back because our stuff is scheduled to arrive on that day at the earliest. I don't know how we are going to pull it off... especially since I don't drive stick yet so Js will have to do all the driving. I thought we could maybe stay at a hotel for one night in Winnipeg to give us a bit of rest, but we'll have to see with the movers when we'll need to be at the house for the unpacking process... *ugh!*

It's so stupid... If it's your job, in life, to book flights for people who are relocating and you can't even do that properly... I think it's time for you to find another job and stop ruining people's lives. Jack has to endure a flight by himself AND a 7h car drive. Ouch!

As for the butt probes, it was Jack's visit at the Vet's today. We needed to make sure that he was healthy before throwing him on a plane (by himself!) and maybe get some sedatives or something, just in case! The Vet was really nice and my cat done me proud!

I've been telling him for a week that we're going to Canned Tuna Fest 2009 so he was eager to get in his cage and be on his way. SURPRISE! When we get to the Vet's I let him out of his cage and he starts sniffing around like the dog that he is and the Tech keeps telling me that he's a lovely little cat and very well behaved... *cough* I tell her to give him a minute. So she tries to weigh him and he give in, he thinks she's petting him, we're good!

Then she asks me if he's used to having his temerature taken...? Hum... no. So she pulls out the little thermometer and asks me if I think I can hold him. Thinking he'll be at least calmer if it's me holding him down while she shoves a cold steal thing up his hole, I give it a go. She shows me how and then proceeds with attempt number one. *meow-meow-hiss-meow* Fail. She leaves to get the Vet.

Jack's now aware that these nice people are not there to cuddle him and he's wondering what the hell happened to Canned Tuna Fest 2009 so makes an escape to the top of the cabinets and I can't reach him. It took 2 stepping stools, a vet and a tech with gloves up to their elbows to get him down. NOT a happy kitteh. So they go ahead with probe attempt number two. *meow-meow-hiss-meow-kick* Fail.

They get the receptionist and now there are two people holding my cat down and one trying to find his wee a-hole in all that fur... *meow-hiss-meow-kick-kick-meOW-hiss* She got it... but according to the thermometer he's 29.5 degrees so something tells her that it didn't stay in long enough because Mister Kitteh here wouldn't stop kicking. Fail. Surrender.

I told the Vet she should at least take him out for a nice Tuna dinner first or something, she can't expect my cat to just "get down" like that... We had a good laugh and she made a note on his file to take him out to dinner next time. :o)

Otherwise I'm happy to report that Jacko is perfectly healthy, his coat is in perfect shape and his lungs and heart are fab. YAY for my cat! *beams with pride*

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Awww I'm sorry people are being stupid :( Jack's a tough cookie though I'm sure, so it'll be ok! :)

P.S. I hate Winnepeg. If you see he-who-must-not-be-named, please kick him where it matters incredibly hard. Thank you.

Marie said...

HAH! Holly crap! That's right, he's out there! My best friend's husband got posted there so I'll be visiting quite a few times in the next couple of years, I'll keep an eye out for sure! ;o)

Unknown said...

The first line of this entry is effing CLASSIC, given your current employers... tee hee!
I remember your move... I remember thinking "can't ship the cat to Regina WHAT?" and thinking what a shitshow the whole driving to Wpg thing was considering everything else... I didnt' realize that was YOUR move!!! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails