Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Let the weird dreams begin...

I haven't really had any wedding related dreams... until last night. It was strange. So strange.

It was at the ceremony, not the reception and it was the rehearsal. All the guests were there and there were random people sitting in the first rows the parents usually sit. Yes, it was at my church from when I was little. We were sitting in the 3rd row just about because everywhere else was full.

The priest asked us to come up to the front and practice the "unity candle" thing... which... I really really really don't want. So as we walked up, I didn't want everyone to see me rip the priest a new one so I kinda whispered to him that we didn't ask for that. He told me that he'd ordered some special candles for us to use and didn't want them to go to waste... so we gave in. The said candles has a little Jesus head on the top... like right next to the wick. So when we burned them, the little head melted and it was kind of creepy. That was the slowest melting Jesus I've ever seen.

Then, we go back to standing at the front of the isle in front of everybody and the priest tells us that we have to stand on either side because we are blocking the view. I had to explain to people sitting in the first pew that they'd had to sit in the second one for the real ceremony because this is where our family will sit and they looked at me like I'd just melted a teeny wax Jesus... which I did. I think we must have secretly crawled out and no one noticed because next thing I knew, we were outside, behind the church trying to figure out how much it would cost us to rent some chairs.

It was weird to actually see it and even weirder to see Js and I give in to what the priest wanted. (Especially the creepy creepy melting saints!) It seemed like everything that was happening was exactly the opposite of what we said we wanted.

It might be this we're-leaving-soon-and-won't-be-here-to-do-any-of-the-planning fear looming over me. I'm sure it won't be the last weird dream, but for a first one, it was totally acceptable... especially because it ended with Js and I going back to doing exactly what we wanted! :) Go us!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails