Friday, February 20, 2009

Photographs.

In my efforts to fix the living room so it's somewhat presentable for when the movers come and rip it apart... I stumbled across my old box of photos and a couple of old albums. Oh my!

There were a couple of photos of my friend Rosa. How I miss her! We have a great friendship and trust that's lasted all these years. We don't get to talk very often but every time we do, it's like just yesterday we were hanging out... I wish we could be closer, I wish we would make more time to call eachother. It's one of those friendships where you don't tell yourself "I have to call her cause she'll think I don't care!" because you know she'll care regardless of the time or the distance...

I found so many old photos of Maggie and I and the gang... High School, College and everything in between. It's nuts! Our first, second and third apartment, our fish, old jobs, Canada Day at Maggie's place... It almost hurt my eyes a bit at times. This was back in the wait-I-have-to-put-film-in-my-camera days! Oh the memories! We were so young, we've changed so much!

I found so many photos of Js, it's kinda hilarious! I found some photos of his old gray hoody... I remember it perfectly from high school. It looked so comfy! I totally forgot that he'd spent Canada Day with us the year we had mini fire works thingys. I also found some photos of him when he played in the band while I was in the play. My uncle just took a photo of the entire band and some close up of the musicians... and there he is, a not-even-facial-hair-young'un! I found some pics of our graduation and he was sitting one row in front of me, a couple of people down. There are a few were you can clearly see his face between the graduation hats... clear as day! There he is! *giggles with giddyness*

Who would have thought that, a couple of years from then, I'd be moving half way across the country to live with him? I would never have guessed that the man who would make me this happy was just right there... a couple of feet away. Did he know that he was perfect for me but got scared away by my giant-hockey-playing-boyfriend!?

A while ago I heard about this theory that you don't really see something until you know it exists, even if it was always there...

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails