Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Changes - again.

I've finally decided to wear by big girl pants and make a move that is entirely for me and me alone. Part of me feels selfish but the other part feels pretty good about my decision.

I quit my job for something entirely different. It's almost the same salary but it's a bit less... just enough less that we'll have to tighten the purse strings a bit until Js' next promotion. It wasn't an easy choice, especially financially but considering the perks, it'll be worth it. I'll get time off during the Holidays if we decide to visit family back home. I'll also be working a lot less so I'll have more time to spend at home working on other projects like my baking and that kind of thing. I'll be able to take on orders without feeling pressured because I work so much. It's a part time job but considering the difference in hours worked, I'm getting much much more per hour so it's a win. I'll also be able to walk to work again - I think that's the one thing I missed from my old/evil job. I'm looking forward to doing something completely new, exciting and a bit more creative. There's also many more opportunities for growth so it's more to look for in the long run.

I guess I feel selfish because I'm not used to putting my needs and wants entirely first. I want to work less - I want a more stimulating job. We'll have less disposable income. Looks like I win more than "we" do but Js supports my decision and he's actually quite thrilled about it to so I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about it.

The military lifestyle pretty much wires you to think beyond your own wants and needs. It's hard to de-program yourself to think about your future retirement options, transfer possibilities, flexibility of hours and so on. This is the one thing where I say a great big "EFF YOU!" to what the world wants me to say and do and I do whatever I want.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you, ladypants ;)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails