Monday, September 13, 2010

Under the weather...

These last couple days have sucked, to say the least. I've been feeling sickly - aches, shivers, sniffles and sore throat. Yep, sounds like first signs of a flu. FML. I've been packing some extra vitamin C and echinacea in hopes that my immune system would kick it up a notch. Sadly, it ain't so.

Also, my Grand-Pa's been having a hard time with his fight against cancer and he's been at the hospital in Ottawa for about a week now. My home town, where I grew up and where most of my family lives, is about 100kms east of Ottawa and when the local hospital can't handle your needs anymore, they ship you off to a bigger center like Ottawa. It's always a huge deal because it means that family members have to drive an hour to and from to visit and support their loved ones. In my grand-parents' case, it's an immense deal - it was a huge deal for them to go to the store so this is totally outside of their comfort zones.

My grand-ma got a call this morning that they had to operate on him right away so she and my aunt had to drive to Ottawa for her to sign the papers allowing them to do it. During the surgery, he stopped breathing on his own so now he's hooked up to machines.

That's all the info that I've got so far. I don't know why I'm blurting all this on here and probably don't make any sense. Just trying to cope with the fact that I'm 3000kms away. :(

That's all I've got.

Oh, and Nova lost her lunch about 15 minutes after I got home. Lovely.

5 comments:

Erin said...

My thoughts are with you love!! I hope your grandfather gets better! <3

Feel better!!

Meesh said...

Sending you positive vibes lady xox

Marie said...

Thanks girls! <3

I heard this morning that he's doing a bit better. Breathing on his own and he's awake but no one's allowed to go see him just yet.

Danielle said...

*hugs* Glad to hear he's improving! You, him and your fam are in my thoughts!

Janny A. said...

Great big hugs darling. I'll be thinking of him. If there's anything I can do, let me know :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails