Thursday, September 23, 2010

Top 4 reasons why I didn't like The Back Up Plan

I'm not quite sure why I had medium expectations for this movie. I knew it wasn't going to be the best movie ever but for some very strange reason, I thought I'd like it more than I did. I think I was intrigued and charmed by the concept. Turns out, the plot is exactly what turned me off cold.
  1. Predictably predictable
    This movie was so predictable it's unreal. No surprises, no twists, no nothing. It's like, when something is about to happen and you go "Oh, they're gonna do it!" ... *drum fingers* "Do it already so we can move the eff on so she can dump you so you can try to get her back ad nauseum.
     
  2. He's not the dad. Get over it.
    So one of the big moments of the movie is when she gets mad at him for saying the babies aren't his. They are not. You got inseminated, you ninny. You can't be mad at him because he said something that's the absolute truth. There's a whole 3 hours (okay, probably more so like 15 minutes but it feels like 3 hours) of her being all depressed about it and all I wanted to do is shake the TV and scream.

  3. Jennifer Lopez.

  4. It makes me want to burn my bra.
    Oh look, finally a movie about a woman taking matters into her own hands and making it on her own! Wrong - she needs a man.
    Oh look, finally a movie about a single moms are not hippies but a reality? Wrong - they chant and hold hands.
    Oh look, finally a movie about a driven woman who sticks to her guns even when Mister Perfect comes along! Wrong - he's clearly more successful than her.
Ugh. Why does Hollywood still try to make movies starring Jennifer Lopez - do they not like money?

    No comments:

    LinkWithin3

    Related Posts with Thumbnails