Sunday, November 16, 2008

F.r.i.e.n.d.s. *clap-cla-cla-cla-clap*

My post from today was a bit of rambling and a bit of all-over-the-place-ness. *shock* My parents arrived for their visit as I was writing so my inspiration was interrupted! I didn't have anything specific to say anyways... meh!

I don't right now either... but I just thought I'd ramble some more before calling it a night.

I've been watching Friends from Season 1 all over again and it's making me happy. Happy cause I usually watch them with Js (We're lame, go ahead, mock us!) and also because it reminds me how great my friends are! I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I've been making a point of spending more quality time with them and strengthening my relationship with my closest friends. I think Time is playing games with me again... tic-toc-ing by thinking I won't notice!

I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about friendship and how sometimes your friends will annoy the living shit out of you, but you stick around anyways, because they are your friends and that's just how life is! It's so true! I can't say I have that many of those, I'm pretty close with my good friends and the rest really just tend to blend in.

I guess you come to a point in your life where you make the split between friends and people you know. It's hard to let go of some relationships sometimes, but you just have to face that your lives have taken a different direction and it's time to move on. For me, the difference is between saying "We should get together sometime!" and following through and saying "It's been so long! Let's hang out!" and never making the time. There's nothing wrong with drifting apart, that's what life is all about! The people who leave your life mean just as much as the people you'll always keep in touch with. It doesn't make these people any less of a great friend and the memories of time spent together are still there. Just in a different way I guess.

I think I'll make a point of blogging about things I think about when watching Friends. As brain-numbing as that show is (That's why I love it so!), it's got some good stories to it when you look at the big picture.

I've got to get used to this. People change, things change, situations change, life changes. Nothing stays the same, ever. How boring would that be?

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails