Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Of change and wierd dreams...

Change.

So last night, I'm watching the election coverage on abc.com (Yay for no cable!) and I get a pinch of nervousness when I start to see too much red on the map... and then a bit of relief when I see the votes are bluer than the map... So clearly, I'm not hopping up and down about this election, but I know somewhat of what's going on and care to some level. I haven't been following the entire campaign because I couldn't help but think "They're screwed either way!" and I'm really disapointed in myself for thinking that.

Then, I'm sitting here and as history is made, Obama is elected, I'm distracted because my cat is playing with a toy and it's cute. Way cuter than TV or my lappy. Sometimes, I wonder, what everyone was doing when history was made? When the planes hit the towers, what was I doing? I was in highschool at the cafeteria quietly eating my lunch. When Obama was elected? I was playing fetch with my cat and talking on the phone with Js.

I'm not uber poilitical, Js is alot more involved/aware than I am for that kinda thing. We talked about the election as it happened and I was surprised that we thought/felt the same way about it. We both pretty much said the same thing at the same time. We hadn't talked about it at all until then and I was surprised/shocked that we were on the same wave length. Go us!

Wierd dreams.

I went to bed quite late last night and got out of bed quite late today. So, around 12:14pm I get a text message from Nick (about something so shamefull I won't go into detail!) and then fall right back asleep, but clearly, that message awoke the weirdness and my brain started sending me some pretty strange and quite specific and indepth images and thoughts.

So there was this talking Wrinkly Eye who sent Nick on a mission to retrieve the Chosen Pendant from the bottom of the sea. It had been lost by Wrinkly Eye's worst enemy, Dragon Neighbour.

... confused? Allow me to give you a back story... Wrinkly Eye was a man who was part of an organization along with a bunch of other men including Dragon Neighbour. These men were on a quest to solve a great big mystery and the knowlege they needed was inside that enganted Chosen Pendant. They all had to possess it for a certain amount of time and try to figure out a way to get the information from it. So Wrinkly Eye was the last on the list and Dragon Neighbour's turn was right before him. Dragon Neighbour was not a good man and took all the power in the pendant to turn himself into a dragon (hence the name!) and be all mighty and powerfull. When Wrinkly Eye's time came to have the pendant, Dragon Neighbour got annoyed at this little powerless man wanting to see the pendant so he turned him into a wrinkly eye (hence the name!) and lost the pendant into the sea so that he could remain forever powerfull.

Now, back to the story. So Wrinkly Eye met our fellow Nick and thought he'd be a good man for the job. He sent him on his mission and to his surprise, Nick was able to retrieve the pendant. What Nick didn't know was how much power rested in that pendant and everything that came along with it. On his way back to Wrinkly Eye, Nick started to discover some of the powers of the pendant like gaining control over all the animals from Africa and shrinking people's organs like raisins under the sun.

Nick returns to Wrinkly Eye's house only to get attacked by Dragon Neighbour (who clearly saw him, cause he lives right next door!) who wants his pendant back. Nick fights off the dragon and is able to shrink it's tongue with his new found powers. The dragon can't breath fire anymore without a tongue and dies a painfull painfull death.

The pendant is returned to Wrinkly Eye who's mission is now to figure out how to A) turn himself into a human again and B) discover the great power of the Chosen Pendant.

Now here's the strange part : He is so thankfull that he offers Nick his daughter in marriage and Nick accepts and they live happily ever after.

The end.

Thank god.

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails