Saturday, November 8, 2008

I need help... and a label maker.

I have issues. Issues with over doing things, over thinking things and over everything-ing things. Especially - over calling Jf with stupid questions.

Back story - What else is a girl to do on Saturday nights than try to decide between ordering return address stickers or a stamp for cheaper for her Holiday cards? Yes, you read that right. Stickers. Stamp. Cards. Saturday. Help.

Sometimes I feel like I have these teeny people sitting on my shoulders. On one side, there's a bra-burning little bitch (and I use the term with affection!) who refuses to bake muffins and speaks way too loudly when drunk. On the other side, there's a little Martha who enjoys a nice quiche and warm apple cider on a cold autumn day, she likes pretty things and says "nice" alot.

The little Martha says : "It would be nice to have return address labels made in time to put them on the Holiday cards." Seconds later, I'm on the web, looking at prices and calculating delivery times... That's usually when the little Bitch starts poking at my neck with a pitch fork : "Wait! Let me get this straight! You are going to spend money to get something made with your address on it knowing very well that it will change in the next year and that you will NEVER (hopefully!) live in Vanier again? Am I getting this right? PLUS, you would risk sending all your Holiday cards late and you know how some people just LIVE for your cards!" (My little Bitch is a sarcasta-whore!)

Torn! I will never use them again, but it'll be a cute way of remembering our first home together VS. being reasonable with my money and time and waiting for next year! *sigh*

Attempt at solving this #1 : Comparing prices, delays, pros and cons and doing as best I can to ignore the sharp burning stab in my neck and the smell of warm gingerbread cookies - icing and all. No deal.

Attempt at solving this #2 : Calling to the all mighty powers of logic and wisdom of my Gay! *hehehe-snort* What else is a gay to do on a Saturday night at 10:30pm than to help solve his hag with her OCD dilemma!? I had to repeat myself a couple of times just to make sure he got all my pros and cons (established during attempt #1 and probably listed and color coded) and could make a sound recommendation. "Won't a funky colored pen do?" -- Clearly, he hasn't been listening. LABELS. Mama wants labels. Something I can just stick and it'll be insta-pretty. Something that makes it look like I've prepared for this since July. Yes, ladies and gents, I love it when people know how much of a giant loser I am! (Why else would I be boring you to tears with this!?) ... ... (Still there? Ya? Okay!)

Revelation : THAT... right there... is why I likes me a homosexual man. He said he'd try to print me some at work if I figured out a way to email him what I liked. Why you people aren't allowed to reproduce is beyond me! The world would be so much more wonderful. Bad taste would be banned. Coffee shops would appear at every street corner! Reality TV would take over the entire planet. *wonderment*... I think we're getting somewhere!

See - over thinking. I need help.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

hahaha I love it. I'm totally the same way. You are not alone. =P

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails