Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's been a quiet weekend...

Not much is going on out of the ordinary on this side of things. I had Saturday and Sunday off due to some extra hours worked in the beginning of the week and I thought I would make the most of it. We thought about maybe going to Montreal for some partying and some pre-Holiday shopping, but the weather sucked and our mood sucked and decided to just hang around in the market and really not do anything at all. It worked out really really well (except for an emotional breakdown at Moulin de Provance-we'll get back to that later... or never!) and worry free.

This morning I am still in bed. Yes, it's 1:50am, it's still the morning to me. I woke up around noon and read and took it easy, my mom called to tell me they were leaving home and were going to be here around 2h30-ish and then Js called and we talked for 58 minutes.

58 minutes!!! That's huge! I don't think we ever talked for this long in the last year. Sure, we talked for hours and hours while he was up north, but we weren't even dating back then. It's kinda like how the sex stops when you get married, well the long phone conversations stop when you start dating.

We'll usually talk a couple of times a day for about 15-20 minutes. It's not because we don't want to talk to each other, it's just that we run out of things to say. This morning, we had a load of stuff to say and just talking randomly about the present and the future and it felt awesome! We talked about the pets we want to have and the places we want to go. We talked about our weekend and our plans for the next week. This and that and the other thing. I hadn't laughed like that with him in so long. I miss waking up next to him and talking until his back starts to hurt from laying down too long. (I think it's his back sending him a secret message saying it's time to make your girlfriend coffee!)

Moments like these give me the strength and courage I need until he comes back home again. It reminds me of how great we are together and reassures me that time and distance are not taking the best out of what we have together. These moments also make the wait unbearable. It reminds me of how much I want to be near him and be there for him. Reminds me of how much things are easier when he's around and life is so simpler when we come home to each other every night.

This past week, I've been cocooning a lot. Watching Friends on DVD by my self with a giant bowl of pop corn and a couple of candles to set the mood has been the highlight of my week. Did I mention that was on a Saturday night!? It felt good to stop and take some time for me instead of for work or for some Holiday shopping or what-ever-else needs to be done.

I think I'm going to make a point of planning at least one night a week of cocooning time. We do it when Js is around, why should I stop spending some downtime at home just because he's gone!?

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails