Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Airplane noises

It took me a while to get used to the airplanes buzzing over the house from early morning until dinner time when I first got here.

The very first week, I remember thinking it was kind of awesome to see those planes every single day and it was quite impressive to see air show practices and stuff. I was the fool who looks out the window every fifteen minutes for about a week.

I quickly got used to them though. Because we live so close to a field, there isn't much to block the sound so they get quite loud. Plus, we live RIGHT underneath some path that they follow most of the time. You'd think they'd pick the OTHER side, you know... the one that's not right over the residential part of the base... the empty field over there!? It's actually quite loud. We can be sitting in the living room on Js' day off and he'll be able to name what kind of plane just by the noise. He called me once to warn me and ask me to take some pictures because there was going to be a bunch of them... and I had a hard time taking a video of them without the house getting in the way.

This weekend, no one was flying because of the long Easter weekend. I noticed the quiet-ness only yesterday and thought it was quite nice. They normally don't fly the weekends or the late evenings, but weekends are so short, I guess I really bothered to noticed.

This morning, they are back up again and I feel so silly. I missed the noise. The noise reminds me of Js and every time I hear a plane, I think of him. Usually he's working (Oh! Air Force!) and it makes me feel so happy and proud because I know he loves his job.

Now he's gone on training and I miss him so I'm happy to hear the planes and I'm happy to see them zoom right above our home.

I'm crazy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have a train that runs through our back yard, and I feel the same way about them - of course, without the pride aspect :P

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails