Monday, April 20, 2009

Time goes by fast when you're having fun!

I can't believe how fast Sunday night came! With the weekend plans and all the things that kept coming up last week, I didn't see it coming at all.

I've been spending a lot of time working on some personal projects and getting my ducks in a row in regards to things I want to do in the somewhat-near future. Like planning our wedding and getting some new employment opportunities. It's exciting and kind of terrifying too. I'm working on all these things that seem so attainable, I'm worried I'll just crash and burn when it comes down to in in a couple of months/years! For now, it keeps me entertained, sane and occupied which is what matters, right? It seems like I spent all day either doing research or coming up with a plan. I didn't accomplish much but I didn't waste any time.

I find, when you want to start up something, like a small business or an organization, it's always wiser to give it a lot of thought before taking it anywhere. Duh! I know that sounds like an understatement, but when I say a lot of thought, I mean... TONS! Thinking it over for an entire afternoon just doesn't cut it. You need to think it over enough times to work out all the kinks and save yourself many headaches.

Tomorrow I have a busy day and a ton of things to do, I haven't planned out a daily schedule in a while and it's so strange.

I decided to attend some of the classes that were offered at the MFRC and I think it's going to work out well for me. I like crafty things and I'm always interested in learning something new, so we'll see where that goes. I'm going to a cake decorating class tomorrow so I have to rush home after my volunteering and prepare the cake I need to bring over to decorate later. Now, before I get attacked by a certain someone because I said I'd never be the muffin-baking-house-wife... Shush! I'm going because it's something artsy that I've never tried and because Js is away and it'll give me something to do for one evening out of the week. I could be making icing roses (*gag*) on top of a rock, it'd be the same to me. (And probably will taste the same as my cake!) For those who are supportive, I will post some photos if it's worth it at all.

I've also been writing a bit more lately. I neglected my creative writing lately but only because I can't seem to find any inspiration for it. All I can come up with is informative stuff. It could be because I'm not working, I feel the need to use up all my productive energy somehow... I started three different posts over the weekend that I haven't posted yet because I'm not done the research to complete them.

This is probably the longest I haven't worked in my entire life and it's not like I'm sitting here, being unproductive and lazy... I've got my mind working overtime on some great things for the next little while...

I feel like my mind is all over the place. I just hope it stays this way for the next 40 days or so...

1 comment:

Lovely Lori said...

I would love to see the finished product of your cake! I am not so inclined... :-)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails