Monday, April 13, 2009

Welcome Cedar and Doug!

I've been meaning to post about my 2 latest house guests and I totally forgot with Easter weekend and everything, but here they are!

I am dog sitting some puppies for a friend out here and they have been great (although stinky!) company. They made me a bit nervous because it took them a good 2 days before they pooped for the first time but they've been making up for it today. I guess they felt they should prepare an Easter egg hunt for me to thank me for my hospitality. *mmm*

This is Cedar, he's an 8 year old collie-lab mix. He's not as energetic as I think he'd be, I guess age is a big factor here. He's still very cuddly and playful though.

There is also Doug, I haven't been able to get a really good shot of him. He's 10 years old and he's a collie-lab mix too but he looks more like a lab with collie ears. He's got a hip problem so he's not super energetic either, but he's very vocal. He grunts and "smiles" when you pet him and he's a big suck for cuddles too.

They are awesome together. They play and clean out each other's ears. We went for a long walk today and I think Cedar is adjusting to my walks a bit quicker than Doug but we're working on that.

It's great to have them around, it keeps me occupied and motivates me to take walks and move around a bit... aside from the poop-scooping, I'm enjoying it! :)

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Awh! I love the puppies! :) Nice to have them around, hey? :) Give them some big cuddles from me and a big butt-sniff from Surelock (okay, just tell them! hehe). We love yous! :) xox

Marie said...

And then you question me when I sniff my cat's butt for medicinal diagnostic purposes! LOL

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails