Friday, April 17, 2009

What comfort zone?!

I figured I would push my comfort zone boundaries to their max while I already had a head start. Moving half way across the country has made me realize that I can do anything I set my mind to. I'd already overcome many things by moving to Ottawa for school and then living on my own for a while and taking on a very demanding job to name a few. Still, I never thought I would be where I am now.

It's been a huge deal for me to be away from everything that is familiar and building a life here from scratch. It's been awesome to get along with Js' friends out here and I'm really lucky they along with me too! It made it so much easier and yesterday I realized that I was starting to make friends of my own. People Js doesn't know and I'm starting to settle more and more into this teeny community.

I applied for a job that is totally outside of my comfort zone too. I heard through the branches they were looking for someone and then thought : I swore to myself I wouldn't work there. Then people kept bringing it up to me and I finally gave in and sent my resume. I don't have that much experience to qualify for the job, but from what I understand, the previous employee had no brain. So we'll wait and see how it goes and hope for the best. It's totally not what I was going for, but it's an opportunity and I really don't want to miss out on learning something new.

It's terrifying not knowing where the heck your life is going... but not as terrifying as knowing exactly where you're headed.

2 comments:

Lovely Lori said...

You go girl!

Unknown said...

"but from what I understand, the previous employee had no brain."
Baaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails