Sunday, April 5, 2009

This morning SUCKS!

Gah! How does Murphy's law go again... whatever could happen, will happen or something like that!?

So J was leaving this morning (4am) for his course in Cornwall, he has to catch a plane from Regina to Winnipeg and then from Winnipeg to Montreal and then hops on a train that will take him to Cornwall. So he's looking at 11-12 hours of traveling today. He asked to fly to Ottawa instead where he could get family to drive him to Cornwall but that would actually cost like 500$ more or something so they wouldn't let him... So yeah... long effing day for him!

Back story : His car is a standard and I don't drive stick. I can't drive him to Regina and it's about a 45 minute drive. Boo!

He'd asked one of his buddies to drive him and I was going to go along with them to say good bye at the airport and help his friend stay awake for the drive back. His friend called us this morning at about 3am and he's sick and needs to go to the hospital pronto. He says he'll try to make it back in time or find someone to bring us back his car so I can drive J to Regina if he has to stay at the hospital. Gah!

Faithful to my good habits, I'd just fallen asleep around 2:30am so I was groggy and confused and J was worried about his friend and worried about making it to Regina in time to catch his flight. Basically : we're fucked.

So we both try to figure out a way out of this one. I haven't driven in over a month and a half, I don't have my glasses and don't know the way back from the airport. I'm probably going to be a sobbing mess the entire drive back and he'll stress out about something happening to his buddy's car (and me!) so me driving him back does not sound like a good idea. With only about half an hour of sleep to top it all, it's a no-go!

It's too late to call a cab and he can't very much leave his car in Regina for the whole duration of his course cause it's like 20 bucks a night or something.

So now, he's on his way to Regina in his car and tomorrow (well, later today!) I have to find someone who can drive stick but has an automatic car and ask them to drive with me to Regina so I can drive their car back and they can drive J's car back. Ugh! It's not gonna be easy... "Hey! Wanna screw your plans for Sunday and drive our car back from Regina for us?!" Awe-some!

He left and we were both super stressed because of the car, his friend and the whole deal! Ugh! It sucked! I would have much rather an awkward good bye in front of his friend at the airport, half asleep and smelling of Timmy's coffee than a stressed out hurried good bye at the front door. I guess this way I can go back to sleep (who am I kidding!?) right away and have more of a normal day to get my mind off things...

So just felt the need to share/vent/get it off my chest... I hope he makes it on time for his flight and I can figure out a way to go get his car ASAP. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

1 comment:

Lovely Lori said...

Oh Marie!*Hugs* Damn Murphy's Law!
I hope you get a little sleep.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails