Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bachelorette on the loose!

It's a bit overdue but the photos are just finding their way on Facebook now. My fabulous, fabulous friends organized me the bestest best bachelorette party a girl could ask for the Saturday before the wedding. I wrote a bit about it here but I figured you would all enjoy some more pics and deets!

First things first, there was a surprise-shower part of it which family attended - more like the traditional wedding shower where we did funny games and ate cake. It was great to see family right the next day after my arrival in Ontario. We made some toilet-paper wedding gowns and I completed a "how well do you know your groom-to-be quiz".



When it was all over, I was kidnapped and decorated with balloons and some Bachelorette gear and forced to go downtown Ottawa for dinner and some good times (and by "times", I mean "drinks").





We headed out for dinner when I realized that I forgot my ID at Js' dad's house. LAME! My bridesman, Jf had been invited to join Js' bachelor party too so he knew where the guys were and when. We got a hold of them and asked Js to drop off the keys so I could go get my ID in case my "I got kidnapped this morning and I don't have my ID - plus, I'm old enough to get married you tool!" didn't work.When Js showed up at the restaurant, I truly enjoyed what I saw :

Js had a to-do list on the back of his t-shirt - pretty much all the boxes where checked by the end of the night.
The dinner went on with much fun, drinks and laughter. We made "male organs" out of napkins (just request it in a comment and I can post a tutorial), I got a t-shirt and some colorful gear to get noticed - and get free drinks - at the bar.

Yay!
The bunch at the restaurant - before things got soaked with alcohol.
Cheers to a great party with great people!
I made a wee-wee out of a napkin and my cousin got carried away.

Then, we hit the clubs - yes that's plural. We went a bunch of different places and finally settled on Whiskey bar. It was amazing how much fun we had - drama-free. Everyone got along and everyone was boozed up just enough not to care. It was nice to let loose and go nuts with my friends like when we were young (-er!! younger!!).

Throughout the evening, I kept thinking that it was awesome how Js was out with his buddies at the same time and kept hoping they were having as much fun as we were. I didn't worry for one second that he'd do something stupid or call me from jail asking me to come pick him up at 3am.

My party-party! :)
Love!
A picture of pure class.
That last picture is of one of my bridesmaid and me. If you look really closely, you'll see that she's holding a mickey of Malibu rum and I'm holding a shot glass. If you look at the photo again, you might notice that we are at an unnamed bar. Yes, throughout the night, she would not-so-discretely take out her bottle of rum and pour me a shot. Pure class! :)

Overall, it was an amazing night and official goodbye to Singlesville! :)

PS: All photo credits go to Maggie.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Tutorial my inbox! <3 haha

I'm so glad you had a fabulous trip home, a great bachelorette party, and a beautiful wedding!!

Unknown said...

Aww! looks like so much fun!!! :) :)

Danielle said...

Love it!! Wish I could've made it! Stupid work not letting me off the week before :(

...and you know, stupid bank account not having enough money in it to afford to take off said week LOL

Glad you had such a fab time, lady!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails