Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Denial Grass FTW!

I win. I win. I win.

My Denial Grass has grown some little buds of some kind. That's right, it's not grass. It's a plant. FACE!

Not the clearest picture ever.
Not the most useful caption ever either.
As you can see in the small picture (you can click on it to see it bigger) there's a stem with a couple buds of something just waiting for a couple more sunny days to enlighten us with their floral blooms.

I can't friggen wait. I let out a very loud "SNAH!" when I discovered them and Js followed with a whisper "Well, would you look at that..." of disbelief. Yes, would you look at that indeed! And there's not just the one stem mocking him, there's like two or three. Oh the happy dances that ensued.

When our friends came for a visit, it was the very first thing I told them when they stepped outside "Lookit! Lookit! It's not grass! It's not just damn grass!" and I almost forgot to post a blog update but Whitney was nice enough to remind me. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like daylily buds (Hemerocalis is the scientific name) to me! Congrats ~ and please post pictures when they bloom :o)

Marie said...

You have no idea how happy your comment makes me! I showed it to Js beaming with pride. Hahaha!

They bloomed the other day, I just haven't gotten around to posting a picture of them yet. Suspense...

Unknown said...

Since I'm behind, I already see your post about what exactly those buds have turned into! Yay!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails