Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mock me all you want, this is a plant.

My attempts at gardening have never been quite... well, successful. I haven't done it a whole lot and know nothing about it but I like to pretend I do. Last year was a gardening fail but this year is a win so far... in my books at least.

I planted some bulbs in a little patch out front by the house and in a pot and those are coming along quite well. We also bought a raspberry twig who's growing 4 berries to date which is more than we expected out of the poor little thing.

Everything else in the little garden was there before we moved in. There is a huge thing of tulips that keep coming back year after year, a couple things of wild lilies (I think that's what they're called!) and a little cedar tree/bush.

Then, there's a patch of what Js likes to call "Denial Grass". I say it's a pretty plant, he says it's just a clump of grass that survived. It looks healthy, requires very little care and makes my garden look cared for and full - my kind of plant. See for yourself... please don't mind the dying tulips, they are passed their prime this year but the lilies are coming along.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love that Jack is sitting in the window creeping in the picture for the little patch. He's the Mayor of Moose Jaw.

Marie said...

Jacko is such a creepster! :)

Danielle said...

Ummm am I missing something? I don't see Jack in this picture LOL

But keep up the good gardening work, chica! It can be really tough!

Janny A. said...

Danielle, I don't see Jack either... I think I see a plant... I think... (My gardening efforts are also futile, so I agree with you :) )

(And, the random Word verif of the day: vasemeds ... Weird!)

Marie said...

Oh noes!
Jack is in the picture that's liked from "little patch"... so if you click on there... you'll see Jacko El Stalko.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails