Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding update : Magazines

Tip : Leave bridal magazines in the washroom. It works.

I was lucky enough to receive a gigantic collection of wedding magazines from Maggie and I have kept them in constant rotation (a couple favorites have made it through more than one round) in the washrooms and here and there in the house.

Truth be told, Js cannot... evacuate unless he's reading something. Don't tell him I said that - I promise I'm going somewhere with this. He'll run around the house, frantically looking for a book then boot upstairs for a perfect photo-finish. When his desperate search does not prevail, he'll just grab whatever is within arm's reach ; instruction labels, old sappy books I read in the tub, shampoo ingredients list and so on.

In a moment of despair, Js even admitted to reading wedding magazines sometimes behind closed doors. He's not so subtle about it either :

*distant flushing sounds*
Him : Hey honey, you know what I think?
Me : What?
Him : Do you remember those wedding favors you were trying to shove in my face on our drive to Winnipeg last fall?
Me : Yeah, wh...y? (I lie.)
Him : I think they were a great idea. I like the blue ones with the silver foil paper.
Me : Al...right. Where is all this coming from?!
Him : Oh, nowhere. *shrugs* I was just thinking about you and our wedding and how much I love you.

Further investigation proved that the magazine had been moved recently and that page dog-eared. Sneeky.
Along the same lines of conversation, a couple weeks ago :

*minding my own business*
Him : Hey Honey?!
Me : What?
Him : I think we should, about a month before the wedding, try on our wedding bands again to make sure they still fit. This way, it still gives us enough time to get them sized before we leave if they've gone to big or too small.

Me : That's a brilliant idea, babe! We'll do that!
Him : No problem! :)
Me : ... ... you've been reading my magazines, just admit it.
Him : ... ... yes. *shame*... *smile*... I love youuuuuuuuuuu!

I am not discrediting his efforts by saying he got it from a magazine. The simple fact that he actually read them and cared makes me love him even more. Since then we have decided, in our house they are called "wedding magazines" not "bridal magazines".

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Awwww you guys are the cutest! I can't wait to see youuuuuuuu!!!!

Meesh said...

That is AWESOME!! lol

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails