Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pay up

I know it's really bad to blog about financial things and you really shouldn't publicly write for the world to see about your financial situation but this is just too funny to pass up. Plus, it's not even a "situation" or "problem" that reaches farther than my forgetfulness.

Considering that I'm still waiting for compensation for my last MONTH of sick leave benefits and it's been over a month since I have submitted all the documentation required  the insurance company gets a gets a weekly screamy call. Last month was a little snugger than usual financially for us. Wedding coming up and all does not help to alleviate the financial stressors.

It seems I totally forgot to pay my Best Buy credit card - oops! It's due on the 3rd (or is it 5th?) of every month so I'm normally pretty good at using the last paycheck of the month to pay at least double the minimum payment. There isn't much on it so the payments are quite small.

So today I get a letter in the mail from somewhere in Quebec. Intrigued, I rush to open it :
We wish to inform you that your account is $11 overdue as of some-date. 
Are you effing kidding me?! You sent me a letter, 10ish days after the payment date to inform me that I owe you... how much? $11 dollars.

For shits and giggles, let's see what's going for $11 on eBay right now...

1953 Magnus Harmonica Corp Student Accordion With Box for $10.49 US

2 Original cardio workout cassettes New and Sealed !!! for $10.40 CA

Sexy Pirate original art by Paradis for $10.40 CA

So many options, it's hard to choose!! :) $11 goes a long way these days it seems... I am going to send them a payment of $11.57 to help them cover the cost of the stamp. If they need the $11 so bad, I'm sure they'll appreciate the special attention.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I got a phone call from student loans last week. I missed a payment. Oops! So I paid it. Thursday, I got a call again and because of the interest that was racked up over the day it took for the payment to process, I still owed them a whopping $0.90. It costs $1.50 to do a damn money transfer!! lol. UGH to stupid bills.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails