Friday, July 9, 2010

Wedding Update : Sobbing like a little child

Warning : This ain't gonna be pretty but don't be alarmed, all's fine and dandy!

I went to our friends' rehearsal to keep company. Js is in the wedding party so I was invited to tag along - I ended up playing usher and might for the actual wedding too depending on Uncle Terry's availability. I have no idea who that is.

Anyways... so yeah. My friend Natasha walked down the isle and my friend Curtis was already crying - yes, it was only the rehearsal - and everything was just so lovey dovey, I got all choked up. I am going to sob like a teeny child tomorrow, I can tell. Natasha has a little boy he's three and he's pretty much the cutest thing ever. (As I post this, I realize I've never written about his cuteness before; stay tuned!) He was so good and standing there so proud by his mom and Curtis. For some reason, that kid a-d-o-r-e-s Js and it was so cute because he kept looking at how Curtis and Js were standing and trying to be like them. Awh.

All these emotions and being so happy for my friends just sent me on a spiral of emotions. How much of a mess am I gonna be when our turn comes? Oh my!

What if I make my ugly-cry face walking down the isle and everyone can see it?
What if the photographer can't get a good photo because my face is all red and blotchy from trying in vain to hold back the tears?
What if everyone thinks I'm crying because I'm walking to my doom?

I want to be a happy and lovely bride. I don't want to be my sappy and emotionally unstable self - just for that one day. Please?!

Enough ramblings, I have a ton of things to do to get ready for tomorrow. I have to go in to work in the AM then rush home, change, rush to the church, coach Uncle Terry, sob uncontrollably, run back home, feed the dog, get back to the mess for the reception and try to look alive.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are scary alike, my friend :)
I bet on your wedding day, you're going to be the picture of calm and poise.

Marie said...

You make it sound like being alike is a bad thing! ;)

Thanks! :)

Janny A. said...

I had the same fear, so I don't think we're the only ones ;)
Oddly enough, I was perfectly fine day of! Who knows how that happened, but I didn't cry, even though I was ridunkulously happy and barely had any food or sleep in me! I got teary once or twice, but nothing like the full on icky crying face I usually do.
I'm sure you'll be fine, and no worries, no one will think your crying is a result of unhappiness ;)

Meesh said...

I was teary when I started walking down the aisle, and when I saw Mike - but then I saw my aunt who was a blubbering mess and it made me laugh and that was it for the tears. She was bawling harder than my mom oy

Marie said...

Thanks for the support, ladies!

I'm pretty sure my mom and my aunt will be a blobbering mess too so that should take care of that.

Something about seeing my Dad cry sends me right off into a spiraling tear-tornado of doom. If I can get a good cry before it all, I should be good. (Maggie, that was a warning.)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails