Monday, July 26, 2010

FRUIT! We have FRUIT!

No, Nick - not you! *shove*

My very pitiful attempts at gardening have finally been recognized by the gardening gods. Behold, our 2 first raspberries!

So the picture is a bit blurry but you can forgive my excitement, I'm sure!

We bought a hopeful little twig of a raspberry plant and now it's grown a couple branches and we're looking at probably another 5 to 7 raspberries before the end of the summer.

We didn't expect anything to come of it at all because we planted it so late in the season and well... I fail miserably at keeping plants alive let alone grow something that has an actual (and delicious) purpose. I'm quite the nurturing person... I promise. *faint smile*

Voila, my latest gardening success story!

PS: We totally ate the raspberries and they were totally delicious.

5 comments:

misslindseydawn said...

you are my hero! i am horrible at those types of things.

Unknown said...

I love fresh picked raspberries! you need to line your whole house with bushes!
Also, hows the denial grass going? did the little sprout bloom into something identifiable yet?

Marie said...

Thanks m'ladies!

Oh, I totally forgot to blog about the Denial Grass coup de theatre. :)

Meesh said...

Success! Hoorah!

PopGeek said...

haha twigs and berries

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails